I would like to commend you all for another school year with no safety incidents at arrival and dismissal times. To maintain a spotless safety record please adhere to these procedures to ensure the safety of students, staff, and family members.
Along with general reminders such as using low speed in the parking lot, being extra careful when backing up, and always holding the hand of any child under the age of five while in the parking lot, please read the following for specific procedures for dropping off and picking up your child safely. Model patience and goodwill for the kids.
- Please do not drop off your child before 8:00am, as there will be no one to supervise. The doors will remain locked until 8:00am.
- Any changes to dismissal should be reported to the office no later than 12:00 pm. Last minute changes create confusion and may lead to children being sent to the wrong place at the end of the day.
- Please keep the outer lane next to the sidewalk open at all times for the buses. Please do not at any time leave your car unattended directly in front of the main entrance as this is considered a fire lane.
- Parents can drop off students directly from the car at the main entrance in the morning.
- Students who will be picked up by parents at the end of the day will wait in the gym. Please park in the stalls, come into the building, and pick up your child from the gym. A staff member will be in the gym to make sure that each child is released to an “Authorized Pick-up”.
We appreciate your cooperation in following these procedures. We need to keep all students and adults safe during these busy times of day.